Don’t be left in the dark if the lights go outDecember 18, 2019
Whenever and wherever power outages occur, customers can stay informed with the ComEd Outage Map. Now they can better plan for outages thanks to enhancements to the interactive tool, including more weather and system status information during critical events.
As always, the outage map allows customers to report an outage or search for restoration updates. With the new enhancements, customers also now gain:
- Better insight into the severity and duration of storms through a storm-alert banner on the outage map and the option to overlay weather radar on the map.
- Better knowledge of a current outage situation through faster updates.
- Ability to find locations of ComEd warming and cooling buses and shelters when deployed during severe or prolonged outages.
- Insight into the history of an outage through past outage and restoration performance.
- Improved map views through the use of Google Maps.
ComEd’s outage map is at ComEd.com/Map. (The full address has changed to https://www.comed.com/Outages/CheckOutageStatus/Pages/OutageMap.aspx. Customers who previously bookmarked the site will need to resave it.)
Additionally, the outage map is available on ComEd’s mobile app for iPhone and Android® smartphones. Download the app at ComEd.com/App.
When an Outage Occurs:
- ComEd urges customers to contact the company immediately.
- Customers can text OUT to 26633 (COMED) to report their outage and receive restoration information and can follow the company on Twitter @ComEd or Facebook at com/ComEd.
- Customers can also call 1-800 EDISON1 (1-800-334-7661) or report outages at com/Report. Spanish-speaking customers should call 1-800-95-LUCES (1-800-955-8237).