ComEd customers, we’re here for youMarch 17, 2020
ComEd knows that COVID-19 is creating challenges for many of its customers and understands the availability of reliable power has never been more important.
While the situation is changing rapidly, ComEd has taken additional steps to meet customers’ and communities’ energy needs, including:
- Voluntarily suspending service disconnections for customers who cannot pay, and waiving new late payment charges, through at least May 1, 2020. ComEd understands that many customers may experience a financial strain due to the slowdown in the economy related to COVID-19. The last thing we want our customers and communities to worry about now is whether they will be without power.
- Offering our most flexible payment arrangements and energy financial assistance in response to COVID-19. ComEd is prepared to work with every customer on a case-by-case basis to find payment arrangements and identify the best fit out of the many energy-assistance options ComEd has available. Please visit ComEd.com or contact our Customer Care team from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday through Friday, at 800-334-7661 to learn more.
- Offering the ability to conduct core transactions online. Customers can conduct regular business with ComEd 24/7 at ComEd.com or through the ComEd Mobile App without leaving home.
- Heightening safeguards for ComEd employees working in the field. ComEd field personnel are following social distancing recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. It is possible that field personnel may be required to wear additional protective equipment, such as masks, gloves or goggles, while performing work at homes and in communities.
- Informing customers to stay alert for scammers during this critical time. Imposters posing as ComEd employees may exploit the coronavirus to try to steal your money or identity. For tips on spotting such scams, visit ComEd.com/ScamAlert.
For more information and updates on ComEd’s COVID-19 preparedness and response, as well as related customer service options, please visit ComEd.com/Coronavirus.